Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An Unusual Zucchini Bread Recipe

zucchini breadImage by bunchofpants via Flickr

I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe websites and decided to give it a try, since we have an overabundance of zucchini these days and I'm wanting to use up as much as I can before I have no room left in my fridge. This recipe was just a bit different from the standard zucchini bread recipes I've usually made. It included a few different ingredients like curry powder, lemon zest and poppy seeds which you usually don't find in the average zucchini bread.

I did make a couple of adjustments to the recipe. I could not find crystallized ginger on my shopping expedition this morning so I omitted that. I also used only half of the poppy seeds that the recipe called for, as well as only half the amount of curry powder. I did not have whole wheat pastry flour but had a little bit of whole wheat flour. I used a cup of whole wheat flour, 1-3/4 cups of all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed. I also substituted vegetable oil for the butter. The results were perfect. The bread came out wonderfully moist and delicious. You can actually taste the lemon zest and the hint of curry powder; the flavors married quite well. I will definitely make this a couple more times this summer, and freeze some for gifts.

Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/my-special-zucchini-bread-recipe-recipe.html

I hope you enjoy this unique Zucchini Bread as much as Michael and I do. And make a double batch -- it is so worth it!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment