Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Herbalicious" Turkey Burgers

With an abundance of herbs growing in the garden these days, I thought I would add some to my turkey burgers. They came out so flavorful, I wish I would have made more to put in the freezer! Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:

1 lb ground white meat turkey, very lean
1/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 c. chopped fresh herbs (I used parsley, rosemary, dill and basil -- I didn't have any fresh thyme but I would have used it if I had it).
Salt & pepper
1 T. olive oil

Mix all ingredients together and form into four patties. Spray the patties with some cooking spray and place on a very hot charcoal or gas grill. Try not to flip them until the bottom has firmed up and browned. DO NOT OVERCOOK -- take off the grill while they are still juicy.

Note: Since the burgers are very lean, add cooking spray as needed or brush with a little olive oil so that they will not stick and will brown nicely. Since some of my family members aren't turkey burger fans (namely Jeremiah, my stepson), I usually cook up some beef burgers over the fire first, which gets the fire very hot with all the fat dripping off them.

No comments:

Post a Comment